Dear GCA family,
Merry Christmas! It’s hard to believe our school year will soon be halfway over. As we celebrate this season of Advent and prepare our hearts for Christmas, we reflect on the message of Christmas: Emmanuel, God with us. Our prayer is for all of our students to know the living God dwelling among us and His presence in their lives. We also take this time to reflect on the past year and how much we are thankful for at our school!
There are numerous ways our students are impacting each other, our community, and even the world abroad through mission work. Here are just a few highlights:
• 98% of graduates were accepted to their first choice college.
• The 36 students in the class of 2018 earned over $2.5 million in scholarships.
• One National Merit Semi Finalist and Two Commended Scholars in the class of 2019
• Mission trips to Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Cincinnati, and Nashville
• District Championships: Girls and Boys Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Soccer and Tennis
• Outstanding performances of Willy Wonka Jr. and The Madrigal Dinner, as well as other successful productions
In striving to build upon these achievements and experiences, preparation is currently underway to submit plans to the Williamson County Planning Commissioners office for our new high school, gym, cafeteria, auditorium, and baseball field. While we continue to plan for the next phase of buildings on our campus, we are asking that you prayerfully consider a one time year-end gift.
The need in our world to provide a superior education without compromising a Biblical worldview is critical and ever-growing. Here at GCA, our faculty and staff share one mission: to partner with families to provide a distinctively Christian education, with a calling to excellence in all areas. What a great and precious privilege we have! As we continue this mission, each year our school must raise over $275,000 to meet our regular budgetary needs. Tuition dollars alone do not cover the school’s cost to educate your child.
Each year, God has provided for GCA through the generosity of our people. By His grace, God has graciously blessed this school, and we invite you to share in this blessing as the Lord would lead you. In an effort to continue to keep tuition rates at affordable levels while improving your child’s education experience, we ask that you please give.
These are just a few of the items that your end-of-year gifts make possible:
• Added mobile computer labs
• Updated Bible curriculum for elementary and middle school
• Created 42 additional parking spots at the high school
• Added new teaching positions
• Safety and Security Team training
Our goal is to raise $150,000 in the month of December. Please be prayerful about supporting this goal with a year-end gift.
The four easiest and most beneficial ways for you to give to GCA are:
1. Give cash. Cash is an easy way to give each year and can be used to prepay a pledge. To make a one-time gift go to GCAGIVE.COM or call Brad at 615-578-3021.
2. Give appreciated stock or other property/real estate. When you give stock or property to GCA, we’ll sell it and you won’t have to pay all the capital gains tax you would have paid had you sold it yourself. Your gift will be deductible at its full fair market value on its date of delivery if you have held it for more than one year.
3. Invest in a life income plan or other charitable estate planning strategies that are available. A life income gift provides you with payments for the rest of your life and GCA with support thereafter. If you use appreciated securities that you’ve owned longer than a year to fund the gift, you will be entitled to an income tax deduction based, in part, on the charitable portion of the securities’ full value, in addition to eliminating up-front capital gains tax.
4. Donate an insurance policy. A gift of a life insurance policy you no longer need makes a perfect year-end gift. To qualify as a deductible gift, GCA must become the policy owner. For most types of insurance policies, your tax deduction is usually the cost basis or the fair market value of the policy—whichever is less.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We make these requests recognizing that all gifts come from God, and at this season of the year, we are especially mindful of God’s greatest gift, our hope and salvation: Jesus Christ. On behalf of GCA, we would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Head of School
Director of Development